Always Afloat (In some ports the ship aground when approaching, or at berth.)Agency Tariff
A tariff published by an agent on behalf of several carriers.Agent (Agt.)
A person authorized to transact business for and in the name of another person or company. Types of agent are:
(1) brokers, (2) commission merchants, (3) resident buyers,
(4) sales agents, 5) manufacturer's representatives.Air Waybill
The forwarding agreement or carrying agreement between shipper and air carrier and is issued only in nonnegotiable form.Arrival Notice
A notification by carrier of ship's arrival to the consignee, the "Notify Party," and - when applicable - the "Also Notify Party." These parties in interest are listed in blocks 3, 4 and 10, respectively, of the Bill of Lading.
Always within Institute Warranties Limits (Insurance purpose).B/L
Abbreviation for "Bill of Lading." BAF
Abbreviation for "Bunker Adjustment Factor." Used to compensate steamship lines for fluctuating fuel costs. Sometimes called "Fuel Adjustment Factor" or FAF. Bank Guarantee
Guarantee issued by a bank to a carrier to be used in lieu of lost or misplaced original negotiable bill of lading.Bill of Lading (B/L)
A document that establishes the terms of a contract between a shipper and a transportation company. It serves as a document of title, a contract of carriage and a receipt for goods.
- Amended B/L: B/L requiring updates that do not change financial status; this is slightly different from corrected B/L.
- B/L Terms & Conditions: the fine print on B/L; defines what the carrier can and cannot do, including the carrier's liabilities and contractual agreements.
- B/L's Status: represents whether the bill of lading has been input, rated, reconciled, printed, or released to the customer.
- B/L's Type: refers to the type of B/L being issued. Some examples are: a Memo (ME), Original (OBL), Nonnegotiable, Corrected (CBL) or Amended (AM) B/L.
- Canceled B/L: B/L status; used to cancel a processed B/L; usually per shipper's request; different from voided B/L.
- Clean B/L: A B/L which bears no superimposed clause or notation which declares a defective condition of the goods and/or the packaging.
- Combined B/L: B/L that covers cargo moving over various transports.
- Consolidated B/L: B/L combined or consolidated from two or more B/L's.
- Corrected B/L: B/L requiring any update which results in money or other financially related changes.
- Domestic B/L: Non-negotiable B/L primarily containing routing details; usually used by truckers and freight forwarders.
- Duplicate B/L: Another original Bill of Lading set if first set is lost. also known as reissued B/L.
- Express B/L: Non-negotiable B/L where there are no hard copies of originals printed.
- Freight B/L: A contract of carriage between a shipper and forwarder (who is usually a NVOCC); a non-negotiable document.
- Government B/L (GBL): A bill of lading issued by the U.S. government.
- Hitchment B/L: B/L covering parts of a shipment which are loaded at more than one location. Hitchment B/L usually consists of two parts, hitchment and hitchment memo. The hitchment portion usually covers the majority of a divided shipment and carries the entire revenue.
- House B/L: B/L issued by a freight forwarder or consolidator covering a single shipment containing the names, addresses and specific description of the goods shipped.
- Intermodal B/L: B/L covering cargo moving via multimodal means. Also known as Combined Transport B/L, or Multimodal B/L.
- Long Form B/L: B/L form with all Terms & Conditions written on it. Most B/L's are short form which incorporate the long form clauses by reference.
- Memo B/L: Unfreighted B/L with no charges listed.
- Military B/L: B/L issued by the U.S. military; also known as GBL, or Form DD1252.
- B/L Numbers: U.S. Customs' standardized B/L numbering format to facilitate electronic communications and to make each B/L number unique.
- Negotiable B/L: The B/L is a title document to the goods, issued "to the order of" a party, usually the shipper, whose endorsement is required to effect is negotiation. Thus, a shipper's order (negotiable) B/L can be bought, sold, or traded while goods are in transit and is commonly used for letter-of-credit transactions. The buyer must submit the original B/L to the carrier in order to take possession of the goods.- Non-Negotiable B/L: See Straight B/L. Sometimes means a file copy of a B/L.
- "Onboard" B/L: B/L validated at the time of loading to transport. Onboard Air, Boxcar, Container, Rail, Truck and Vessel are the most common types.
- Optional Discharge B/L: B/L covering cargo with more than one discharge point option possibility.
- "Order" B/L: See Negotiable B/L.
- Original B/L: The part of the B/L set that has value, especially when negotiable; rest of set are only informational file copies. Abbreviated as OBL.
- Received for Shipment B/L: Validated at time cargo is received by ocean carrier to commence movement but before being validated as "Onboard".
- Reconciled B/L: B/L set which has completed a prescribed number of edits between the shippers instructions and the actual shipment received. This produces a very accurate B/L.
- Short Term B/L: Opposite of Long Form B/L, a B/L without the Terms & Conditions written on it. Also known as a Short Form B/L. The terms are incorporated by reference to the long form B/L.
- Split B/L: One of two or more B/L's which have been split from a single B/L.
- Stale B/L: A late B/L; in banking, a B/L which has passed the time deadline of the L/C and is void.
- Straight (Consignment) B/L: Indicates the shipper will deliver the goods to the consignee. It does not convey title (non-negotiable). Most often used when the goods have been pre-paid.
- "To Order" B/L: See Negotiable B/L.
- Unique B/L Identifier: U.S. Customs' standardization: four-alpha code unique to each carrier placed in front of nine digit B/L number; APL's unique B/L Identifier is "APLU". Sea-land uses "SEAU". These prefixes are also used as the container identification.
- Voided B/L: Related to Consolidated B/L; those B/L's absorbed in the combining process. Different from Canceled B/L.
More [ SHIPPING ABREVIATIONS B-C ] [ SHIPPING ABREVS D-F ] [ SHIPPING ABREVS I- P ] [ SHIPPING ABREVS Q - Z ]
FOR FREE CARGO
QUOTATION TO ANY COUNTRY PLEASE EMAIL US. We export from Chiangmai &
[ Overseas freight companies ]
SHIPPING LOGO LINK SWAP: We will list you if you list us?
No 3 copy and paste then link to: www.asiatradingonline.com/shipping.htm
468 X60 BANNER
No 3 copy and paste then link BELOW to: www.asiatradingonline.com/shipping.htm
150 X66 BANNER
global logistics corp. If you need a cargo and forwarding agent. For your
shipping needs , based in manila ... Can handle shipment Bangkok to manila and
manila to bangkok shipments .Email: email@example.com tel632-8441224
K.DAMAK SHIPPING CO
SALOTFI BEN SAIDZONE PORTUAIRE DE RADES 2040BEN AROUS TUNISIA Please
note that our Company is actually one of the leaders in the Tunisian maritime
field and we are very active in all the Tunisian Ports as ships agent , brokers
, forwarders , warehouse an setevedoring operators ….Country: TUNISIAEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +216 98 302 237Fax: +216 71 469871
ASIA TRADING POST SHIPPING: We can handle all your car shipments and heavy machinery
equipment from Thailand to anywhere in the world. Just send us Make, model,
dimensions and year of vehicles or machinery like bulldozers and we can help you
[ SEE TOYOTA VIGOS ]
& CLOTHING FROM THAILAND:
BEST INTERNATIONAL AIR/SEA CARGO: We can handle all YOUR GARMENTS from Pratunam Depot Soi 17
Petchaburi road opposite Panthip Plaza.EMAIL email@example.com
[Back to exporters list ] [ home ]
[ FAQs on SEAfreight SHIPPING ] [ CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ] [ SEA
FREIGHT TRUCKS MACHINERY ] [ BANGKOK SHIPPING PORT ] [ SEA
FREIGHT HELP ] [ SHIPPING & CO TO AUSTRALIA ] [ BILL OF LADING SHIPPING DOC ] [ CERT OF ORIGIN ] [ AIR
FREIGHT FLOWERS,FISH ETC ] [ SHIPPING WORLD PORTS OF ENTRY ] [ INTERNAL TRANSPORT ] [ SHIPPING MOTORCYCLES ] [ BIKES TO AUSTRALIA PACKING ] [ PRATUNAM MARKET GARMENT HOTELS ] [ GARMENT BUYING HELP ] [ GO
TO SHIPPING & AGENCY FORM ]
[ TEMPORARY IMPORTING ] [ IMPORTING TO THAILAND ] [ TEMPORARY SHIPPING USING A "CARNET" ] [ SEA
FREIGHT RATES ] [ TRACK SEAFREIGHT ]
[ AIRFREIGHT AIRLINES ] [ OTHER
FREIGHT COMPANIES ] [ TARRIFS ]
PERSONAL GOODS ] [ SHIPPING
PERSONAL INTO BANGKOK ][ SHIPPING TO LIBYA ] [ SHIPPING
CARS TO AUSTRALIA/NZ ] [ SHIPPING TO CHIANGMAI,LAOS,CAMBODIA,MYANMAR ] [ CERT OF ORIGIN ] [ SOURCING GOODS FOR YOU ][ UK CLEARING AGENT ] [ STORAGE IN BANGKOK ] [ SHIPPING TO USA ] [ PALLETS FOR SALE BANGKOK ] [ IMPORTING CARS ] [ CONTAINERS FOR SALE ] [ SHIPPING TERMS & ABREVS ] [ OUR YANNAWA BANGKOK STORAGE & LOADING ] [ 40ft used Containers for sale ] [ 40ft used flatracks ] [ UNACCOMPANIED BAGGAGE ] [ SENDING UNDER 45KGS AIR FREIGHT ] [ SHIPPING TO WELLINGTON NZ -STOLEN GOODS ] [ THAI CHAMBER OF COMMERCE ] [ FOREIGN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE ] [ Food & FDA license ] [ VAT refund on shipping cargo ] [ FAQs on Airfreight cargo ] [ Trans- SHIPPING TO LAOS ]
[ Container cost ]
[ Letter of credit ]
[ Fine Arts license ]
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
N.B. Complete law services via our NEW Thai Lawyer partner . (re: Alien
Business Law: NEC Announcement 281 Cat A prohibited to foreigners).
However under the terms of our Company License Asia Trading Post
(Co Ltd) provide : 1. Cat 34 lawyer services &2. Cat
parts or parts of this website may be copied, printed or circulated for
publication in any form or part of without the express written permission of
Asia Trading Post Co Ltd. Please also note all Thailand affected pages which
include eg. law, immigration, visas can not be used unless written
permission is obtained from both 29 Tanin Co Ltd--Law Office & also Asia Trading
Post Co Ltd by way of contract. All infringements will be an infringement
of privacy and our company will act accordingly. See FAQs